Not A Cooking Mama

Wednesday, 2 October 2013



Well I'm just going to say it and then it's over with. I hate cooking!
I've always hated it. I find it stressful and very unrewarding as I'm always disappointed in the results. Recipe books bore me and I will never understand my mums addiction to buying them. 
I love food, I love going to fancy restaurants and trying new dishes but the thought of cooking that food fills me with dread. 
Don't get me wrong I'm not lazy, I do cook but only because we have to eat and I want my son to have a healthy diet. I'm not that bad at it either. I havnt poisoned anyone that I know of. 
I don't think I will ever enjoy cooking or be excited about creating a meal. To me it's a chore that has to be done, just like ironing really.
 My friends love cooking and take great pride in sending me photos of muffins, cakes and homemade bread. I really try to join in with their enthusiasm. 
One of my close friends is having a party soon and she has asked me to help with the food and I will because she's my friend. As long as I don't have to make the cake! 

 

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Not A Cooking Mama”

  1. Oh, I so agree! I think I dislike it so much is because it's become a chore. I like food, and just like you, I'm a pretty good cook. Can't wait to get my personal chef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fantastic idea! Thanks for your comment. xx

      Delete
  2. I hate cooking meals too - when I met my husband one of the things I liked about him was that he could cook and enjoyed it. I feel fairly cheated now that I have to do most of the cooking because he doesn't get home from work in time. I do enjoy baking, though. Visiting via Plutonium Sox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have to marry a chef! Thanks for your comment. xx

      Delete
  3. Ha that sign is so my hubs, if it goes in the toaster he thinks he has cooked for me! I came to visit you via the I Love My Post Bloghop.

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree! I cook about five things and rotate them throughout the week. I am trying to add one new meal a week but even with those good intentions, I often end up buying the ingredients and then never end up using them.
    Jan@ An Ideal Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree! I am really trying to get better about making more home cooked meals but often times I will buy the ingredients, with the best of intentions of cooking something, and end up ordering a pizza instead LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very close relationship with my local take aways. Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  6. I feel exactly the same way! I cook out of necessity and not because of the love of it. I understand why people love cooking, especially seeing the results, but I have never really been able to get into it.

    Thanks so much for linking up to Turn It Up Tuesdays! We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know there are others like me. I see so many food and recipe posts I thought everyone else loved it. Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete